dissertation


I have uploaded my dissertation as a PDF to download - right click and save here. I hugely enjoyed writing it and hope that you find it informative and interesting. It concerns issues of parody and pastiche within the work of the artist Glenn Brown, who could be considered to appropriate the styles of other artists to produce his work (others would be less kind and say that he 'steals' from other artists, yet I do not see it as being that straight forward).

I was captivated by the various interpretations and definitions offered to explain the differences between 'parody' and pastiche' themselves and found it quite difficult to distinguish so clearly between the two.

Well. Enough waffling from me. Feel free to read it at your leisure and let me know your opinions on the subject.

0 comments: